English Welcoming Days 2009

On 29th – 30th August, 2009, English Language Education Study Program had an event called EWD. EWD (English Welcoming Day) is an event that welcome the new students of this study program. The event started at 9 a.m in the hall of Sanata Dharma University. First, we sang the jingle of EWD 2009 and did some games. But in this beginning of the event I was not enthusiastic yet. And than the next agenda was introduction of Process. Process is English Language Education Study Program's organization that has many programs. It took a long time. After it we had a lunch and then prepared to go to Wonogondang, the place that we had camping. I felt enthusiastic then.

We went to Wonogondang by bus, I was happy in the bus because I could take a nap there. This trip took time about one hour. We arrived in Wonogondang and directly we felt cold. After all of us had arrived we went to our own tent. The agenda of that afternoon were showing our yell and our talent show. In the talent show, we showed our joke. Cemara and I became a boxer. Some friends became the corners of a boxing ring, a referee, and a host. But something that made me feel confidence with our performance was the "pom-pom boys". My friends, the boys, became dancers with their tempting eyes, feminine make up, and funny movement. I was proud of them. I thought that it was very funny, but the audience was not uproarious like us. But it was not a problem for me, for us. And the show ended at 12 o'clock.

The next agenda was tracking. I hate this activity, activity that takes time in the night, because I am scared with ghost. We were the last group, so we had time to take a rest. Then, it was the time to our group. It was very cold and made us shivering. Then we started this "lovable trip". In this adventure we did some games. Although it was dark but I enjoyed this journey. And in the ending of this tracking, our senior washed our feet, the symbol of their "service". And I appreciate , respect to them.

It was a morning after we had done the tracking. And we got ready to the next activity, outbound. The first game I called it tarzan, but I don't know the real name. We moved from the side of a pool to the other side by a rope. I failed in this game, but some of my friends did it well. The second one is leak pipe. And our group won this game. The third is Berlin Wall. This is my favorite game. We could do it well although I though it was a hard game, and we won again. Next, crocodile. I hate this game. It was a difficult game, we lost. The next game is walk on the bamboo. I like this game, but I fell to the water. But it's ok, I still like this game. The next two games, I don't know the name, and I don't like because it is full strategy games.

And the last one was boxing on the bamboo. The boxing used pillows. I didn't participate. It was for boys. It's a funny one, because there were some incidents and a lot of funny expression from the participants.

I enjoyed the jingle, the tracking, the outbound, the talent show. I love our togetherness, our solidarity. Thanks for our senior that made this event.

14 comments:

Wira T.S.A said...

yeah...the most event i only enjoyed was outbound. Because Tracking only gives me the creep. Last Year event there were so many passed out student because of ghost, my senior told me... luckily this year was not as scary as last year...ahaha... LOL

Yoga Marutadewa said...

liece...oh my gosh!
you're so cute...*sungguh babi LOL

nice story...I hope you'll be my great mate in PBI =D

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

tralalalala thanks wira. yeah, i was afraid because of that.

yoga. ! you are really "smellie brown trousers"
LOL. thanks for the comment.

Yoga Marutadewa said...

what???
thanks for your compliment anyway...
ce, edward is looking for bella
but absolutely you're not his bella hahahaha

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

LOL. yes i know that YOU'RE the BELLA. LOL

cicilia rosi said...

waaaaa...good story..
what most event did you like at EWD Ce??
tarzan game?he,...

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

berlin wall my man. ! LOL

Christina Aprilia said...

hahha... good story ce...

you like malfoy now, huh!
how about Ed?

:P

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

"wahhjann" what is "wahjan" in English. ?
i thought that you would give me a comment about the grammar.

he's yours now christin. huahahaha, no, he has his owner. LOL

Christina Aprilia said...

Ce,, i'm not familiar with word "uproarious" in this sentence.

I was proud of them. I thought that it was very funny, but the audience was not uproarious like us.

iF the Indonesian meaning is "heboh" ,, i usually use word "Hilarious"

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

o oww. thanks chris, but i found it in the dictionary, but I'll check it again later.

cicilia rosi said...

thnx Ce,..^^

Felicita Devi said...

hey, we were in the same team with mas cullen.. hi hi hi hi
by the way, thanks for your comment..

Widyanti E. Rosalia said...

mb viee, haduh.
what you think is just about cullen,right. !?
oh my gosh

Post a Comment